Friday, September 11, 2009

CR's Lingering Effects

Maybe she was just being nice, but I was sitting next to someone I didn't know on my first day of classes, and she marveled at my age when it came up in conversation. She swore that she thought I was 18, straight out of high school! Haha. I had been off CR for awhile though the past year, which I thought made me look older and canceled out what I had gained before, so it's nice that it had lasting effects (if she indeed was being sincere rather than polite). I'm going to be 27 soon, so it bolstered my self-esteem for the day. Not because a youthful appearance should be where we derive our self-esteem, contrary to American corporate marketing's legacy in our culture, but because it validated that the practice worked on some level. I hope it will help my health! While I have such high hopes for my well-being, it is only with self-efficacy that I may realize them.

No comments:

Post a Comment